The Australian Working Holiday Visa offers young travellers, who are aged between 18 to 30 years old a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend a year travelling around Australia, whilst supplementing your funds through temporary or casual work. However if you dont want the experience to end and you want to stay for a longer period of time, or have returned home and want to head back out to Australia, then you must apply for a 2nd Working Holiday Visa.

To be eligible to apply, you are required to have worked as a seasonal worker in regional Australia for at least three months, whilst on your first working holiday visa and will need to evidence this. You can evidence this by applying for form 1263 Working Holiday visa: Employment Verification from the nearest DIMIA office, or alternatively log onto and complete this is the forms section.

So to make the process as easy for you as possible, here is a summary of the requirements for the 2nd Working Holiday Visa:

  • Ensure you record your 3 months of seasonal work on form 1263: Working Holiday Visa Employment Verification, whilst on your first working holiday visa.
  • Seasonal work is classed as general maintenance crop work, including harvesting/packing of fruit and vegetables, thinning, trimming and pruning of the vines, trees and flowers.
  • Regional Australia excludes Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, NSW Central Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth, and Melbourne. for the areas you can do seasonal work.
  • You must be aged 18 to 30 years old when you apply.
  • If you are applying from outside Australia, ensure it is no more than 12 months before you intend to travel. You must remain outside Australia to be granted your visa.
  • If you are applying for your 2nd working holiday visa whilst in Australia, ensure you apply before your current visa finishes, as you must be in Australia for your second visa to be granted.
  • You cannot apply for this visa if you have accompanying dependent children, instead you will need to apply for a paper application.