The Work and Holiday visa offers US Citizens between the ages of 18 – 30 years, the opportunity to spend 12 months travelling around Australia, whilst supplementing their funds through temporary or casual work.

To apply for the Work and Holiday visa - USA Citizens you must:

  • Be aged between 18-30 years old (inclusive) at the date of application.
  • Hold post secondary qualifications/enrolled in a post secondary course of study (you must have graduated from a high school. You do no need to be/have been engaged in tertiary studies).
  • Meet the health and character requirements set by Australia Immigration.
  • You must be outside of Australia on the application and acceptance of your visa.
  • Have no dependant children.
  • Hold a passport from USA.

Your Work and Holiday Visa – USA will not allow you to work with the same employer in excess of 6 months.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the purpose of the Visa?
The Australia Work and Holiday Visa allow you to holiday in Australia whilst participating in temporary work, to help fund your travel. You need to break up your periods of work with periods of travel.

Who is the Work and Holiday Visa for?
The Australia Work and Holiday Visa is for individuals aged 18 – 30 years who are high school and tertiary educated, who would like to travel around Australia for up to 12 months.

What can I do on this Visa?
If your Visa application is granted you can:
Enter Australia within 3 months of your Visa being granted, in which you can stay for up to 12 months.
You can leave and re enter Australia any number of times within the 12 month period.
You can participate in casual/temporary work.
You can study in Australia for up to 4 months.

What type of work can I do on this Visa?
Do whatever job that takes your fancy, as long as it’s temporary. Check if licensing or registration is necessary if you are completing your own work.

Can my spouse come with me on the Australia Work and Holiday Visa (462)?
Your spouse will need to apply for their own Australia Work and Holiday Visa (462).

Can I study in Australia whilst on my Australia Work and Holiday Visa?
Yes you can but only for a maximum of 4 months. You would need to apply for a Australia Student Visa for study in excess of 4 months.