Shorts stay travel, tourist and business visas

Whether you are heading to Australia for business or pleasure you will need a visa. Holidaymakers visiting family, sightseeing and partaking in short term non-working activities should apply for an ETA visa. Business travellers participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars may also apply for the ETA visa too.

The ETA visa allows you to visit Australia for up to 3 months at a time on multiple entries. For holidaymakers and business travellers wishing to stay in Australia for longer periods, you must apply for the Visitor Visa Long stay direct with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. DIAC will assess and advise how long you can stay and if you can make repeat visits on the Visa

Short stay tourist and business visitor (ETA)

A lady tourist drinking wine in an Australian vineyard.The ETA visa is only £9.99 (previously £18) and is quick and easy to apply for. It is for holidaymakers (and those visiting family/friends, sightseeing) and business travellers who wish to stay in Australia for up to 3 months per visit. Business visitor activities may include attending a conference, meeting or an exploratory business visit.

Find out more

Long stay tourist and business visitor.

Walker in the Outback.For business travellers and holidaymakers wishing to stay in Australia for periods in excess of 3 months and to a maximum of 12 months. In addition holidaymakers wanting to extend their stay in Australia may be eligible to apply. Each application is assessed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, whom determine the length and stay and number of visits.

Find out more

eVisitor visa

A lady wearing sunglasses.The Australia eVisitor Visa is a new type of travel visa which permits a stay of up to 3 months for all EU passport holders. The eVisitor Visa is currently not available to apply for through

Find out more